Twitter - Odubajo - Page 14 - Sheffield Wednesday Matchday - Owlstalk | Sheffield Wednesday News for SWFC fans Jump to content

Twitter - Odubajo

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s just bizarre

theres no way this thread should have been on this many pages 

I didn't realise how long the thread was when I opened it, didn't look properly. I've spent the last half an hour reading it all and shaking my head for the most part.

Guest mrbluesky
17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It’s just bizarre

theres no way this thread should have been on this many pages 

You obviously didn’t read the EFL one 🤣

27 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I didn't realise how long the thread was when I opened it, didn't look properly. I've spent the last half an hour reading it all and shaking my head for the most part.

4 minutes ago, folger said:

A thick person on twitter having a go at a thick football player who's stupid enough to respond. 

More head shaking stuff. 

Guest Therealrealist

Basically footballers and coaches are on Twitter so the fanboys can tell them how good they are..if you don’t do this they will get the hump..and more than likely end up blocking you🙄

5 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Can you not see the hypocrisy in that? Moaning on a football forum that a football should 'get over himself' for having the temerity to respond constructively to someone giving him direct personal abuse.

If you don't condone it then you should have finished your sentence at that point. Why should he be open to abuse for using social media. There was no critical analysis or comment on performances in the tweet he responded to, it was just abuse, why should people be open to abuse? 

Stop sucking up to him

It's social media

If you're a footballer and play well you get praise

If you're a footballer and your performances are below par you get flack

If you're in the public eye and on social media you know you're leaving yourself open to abuse even if I don't agree with it

Stop sucking up to our players, they're not your friends

Edited by IWEDFM

31 minutes ago, Ronio said:

If I was Mo on his type of wages every week, guaranteed income, I would gladly welcome 100 neanderthals calling me a coont every week for the rest of my life.  

Same and I wouldn't even bother responding to fans, i'd just laugh it off

I mean for god's sake i've been called a lot worse, it's hardly racisim or threats against his family which would be utterly unacceptable if that was the case 

Some of our fans are so over sensitive

6 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Stop sucking up to him

It's social media

If you're in the public eye and on social media you know you're leaving yourself open to abuse even if I don't agree with it

As a society should we just sit back and accept abuse (whoever it's aimed at) or should we challenge it?

11 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Stop sucking up to him

It's social media

Not sucking up to anyone. 

I've never been shy of putting my opinions across based on performances and critical analysis.

Calling someone a c**t and saying they are w**k and telling them to f off is not constructive, serves no purpose and has rightfully been called out for what it is. 

7 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Same and I wouldn't even bother responding to fans, i'd just laugh it off

I mean for god's sake i've been called a lot worse, it's hardly racisim or threats against his family which would be utterly unacceptable if that was the case 

Some of our fans are so over sensitive

Can't say I'm surprised!

:bullen:

5 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

As a society should we just sit back and accept abuse (whoever it's aimed at) or should we challenge it?

But what can be done about it? 

Unless we go back to the 90's and close down all social media platforms there isn't much else that can be done about it

It's the same with racisim they've been trying to eradicate it for years but it seems to get worse despite all the BLM protests 

You are always going to get a minority of keyboard idiots that take it too far

I've said on here before that I loved the 90's when there was no social media and players didn't have the need to expose themselves constantly. I loved the Roy Keane/Patrick Vieira days. Legends on the pitch but off it you didn't have a clue what they were getting up to